Dirty Stop Out's Guide to 1980s Chesterfield - Aquarius Edition
Are you ready to re-discover your mojo?
* Packed with hundreds of photos and memories from the Aquarius and '80s Chesterfield
* Same day despatch
* Are you ready to celebrate the legendary Aquarius?
No Chesterfield nightclub enjoyed the longevity of the Aquarius. It held a special place in the heart of generations of club-goers.
Originally opening as a cabaret club in the 1970s - it truly found its calling in the 1980s as tens of thousands of revelers made the weekend pilgrimage on one of the double-decker buses from the town centre to the Sheffield Road venue.
Disco sounds, chicken-in-a-basket meals and performances from some of the biggest stars on the planet were on the menu.
The 1980s offered party-opportunities like never before in Chez Vegas.
Adam & Eve; the subterranean Fascination and the glitz of the Moulin Rouge were just a few of the other nightclubs on offer.
Unemployment might have been sky high and the Miners’ Strike splitting entire communities, but we proved we could all rally round for the visit of Charles and Di in 1981.
The nightlife might not quite have been up there with New York’s Studio 54 but with a spire that looked as though it was at one with the devil-cursed ‘loony juice’ they served at Brampton’s Three Horse Shoes, the town’s partying ability was up there with the best.
- Guaranteed to bring the memories flooding back!
- Packed with scores of photos, rare memorabilia and more
- The perfect gift for anyone that remembers Chesterfield in the 1980s
- A fascinating nostalgia trip.