- Guaranteed to bring the memories flooding back!
- Packed with scores of photos, rare memorabilia and more
- The perfect gift for anyone that remembers Barnsley in the 1970s
- This critically acclaimed book features the likes of Club Ba-Ba, The Londoner and the heyday of the Civic Theatre.
- A fascinating nostalgia trip.
The early seventies was a prosperous time for Barnsley. The amazing variety of venues on offer included pubs, Working Men's Clubs, nightclubs, bingo halls and so much more.
The 'Dirty Stop Out’s Guide to 1970s Barnsley' celebrates the decade dominated by venues like Club Ba Ba and The Londoner, and the heyday of Barnsley's Civic Theatre.
Author Nik Farah said: It was the era of questionable fashion, go-go dancers, glam rock and industrial action. What’s more, it was a time of community, a time when everyone knew everyone else - especially in a town like Barnsley. The early seventies was a prosperous time for Barnsley."
The book also features local stars of the era like Ronnie Dukes and Rikki Lee, Charlie Williams and others.
The 'Dirty Stop Out's Guide to 1970s Barnsley' is the perfect gift for anyone that remembers the town in this amazing era.